India’s automotive service sector is poised for growth. Though the growth in auto sales has been sluggish over the few years after the economic recession, the Industry is expecting a reversal in fortunes. The auto industry has evolved customer centric over the years emphasizing the need of quality service and delivery in addition to the availability of spares and service stations. Therefore effective service sector with skilled manpower plays a crucial role in success of automotive servicing.
The challenge of the industry is to bridge the huge gap between the qualified engineers and the skill needed by the industry i.e., demand and supply. At this juncture Industry needs a close collaboration with academic institutions of auto sector to fill the dearth of skilled man power. It is imperative that the industry create a talent pool of highly qualified professionals to address the current and future need of the auto industry.
Popular vehicles services, serving the automobile industry since 75 years as a dealer of Maruti Suzuki has experienced challenges due lack of skilled engineer’s against the Job roles/ Profiles. This gap resulted in incentivizing the existing employees to operate at either at different verticals or to move to higher positions. But then the vacuum created has become, cause of concern. Experiencing these real life challenges of auto industry, PVS has made an extensive study to understand and address this burgeoning gap between the supply and demand of automobile industry the outcome of this study & thought process, has ignited the course of “Train & Hire” which means train the engineers as per the Industry needs and place them across the dealers in the country.
- To Train the students as per the need of the Industry.
- To make the students employable across automobile domain.
- To place the students across the dealers with various designations like technicians, engineers and service advisors.
- Eligibility of the students is engineering/Diploma or ITI holder.
- Train & Hire operates in batches and each batch size consists of 20 in number.
- This training focus on passenger vehicles only.
- The various centers of operation are Kochi, Calicut, Bangalore and Chennai.
- Dealers associated with this programme to place the students are Maruti, Ford, Volkswagen and Honda.
A 45 day’s intensive programme is formulated with the help of Manual of Maruti.
- First, 20 days of class room and technical Lab of auto, mechanical and Lathe, lectures, presentation’s video clippings and illustrative demo’s gives a deep conceptual knowledge of technical aspects of engineering/servicing.
- Next 15 days on-Job-Training gives ample opportunity to the students to work and feel real life exposure of work and this gives them a practical exposure to the world of engineering.
- The last ten day’s is focused on soft skills training, covering communicative language, etiquette’s, body language at work place , interview skills and grooming, this gives the students the immense confidence to enter into the world of work.
Tie Ups with Engineering Colleges:
We are entering into new ventures with engineering colleges, latest we have tied up Kottayam Institute of Engineering and Technology for train and Hire program and we are in the process of associating with more colleges. This new venture will help upcoming students to get placed in automobile field.